Life is short What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger We are animals and part of nature. The more time you spend outside, the more connected you will feel to yourself and to everything. Embrace fear. Stepping out of your comfort zone physically is a sure fire way to grow mentally and emotionally. To lose […]
You have heard the saying, “you are what you eat.” That is not entirely true. You are not just what you eat, but what (nutrients) you absorb. And just because you take deep breaths does not mean the oxygen is actually getting to your tissues! When our bodies are oxygen deprived there is a greater […]
I just finished another month of teaching and training at Rancho la Puerta in Tecate Mexico. It is a true honor to be able to do what I love at the world’s oldest and most popular fitness and wellness spas. I am often asked what it is like to live and work at a spa. […]
I really wanted to title this – 2 Seconds to Get Your Ass in Gear :) This is a continuation of my New Beginnings November newsletter: New beginnings can be scary – because change is scary. But new beginnings are also exciting! Did you see what I did there? I changed fear to excitement. And […]
Strength is defined as: “the state or quality of being physically or mentally strong. 2. the ability to withstand or exert great force, stress, or pressure. 3. something that is regarded as being beneficial or a source of power.” The idea of strength has changed for me over the years (see Part 1- Inner stillness […]
“Inner stillness is the key to outer strength” 13 years ago I would have (internally) rolled my eyes at that quote. I was a devout “Yogini,” or rather, “Asana Junkie,” hitting the mat 4-6 days a week and sometimes taking 2 classes in a row (3 hours!). To me, outer strength was outer strength and […]
Laird Hamilton, Gabby Reece and Brian Mackenzie are legends in the extreme sport biz. They recently combined forces and created XPTlife, a complete fitness-lifestyle program that includes bodyweight, gym and water workouts, combined with breathing and active recovery methods. By the way, XPT stands for Extreme Performance Training and these three walk their talk. Laird is […]
My friend, Tamara Jacobi AKA “Jungle Girl” is the founder of Tailwind Jungle Lodge, an eco-retreat center here in San Pancho, Mexico. This jungle lodge idea was sparked from a college course, which she in turn made into a reality by literally building it, rock by rock, from the ground up. She is currently writing […]
We have all heard the expression, “Your vibe attracts your tribe.” But did you know that is physiologically true? At a basic level we are all energy, and energy has power, positive and negative. LIKE literally attracts LIKE. Your vibration sets off a chain reaction that will attract people and situations that match your energy. If […]
Scars usually are the result of a good story – not “good” as in smiley-face emoji’s and fairy tales, but good in the sense of having overcome a fear or a seemingly impossible challenge by facing some physical, mental or emotional demon. Good as in The Heroes Journey. Each scar that is etched on my […]
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- My 25 truths that I hope will inspire you to create a life that you cannot wait to wake up to!
- Quick Breathing Tips for Enhanced Health!
- Are bad habits dimming your light?
- 2 Seconds to Action!
- Mindfulness lessons from a recovering asana junkie (Part 2): Strength in stepping back and being a student
- Mindfulness Lessons From a Recovery Asana Junkie (Part 1): Inner stillness is the key to outer strength
- Be Your Own Guru: What I learned from spending 3 days with Laird Hamilton, Gabby Reece, and Brian Mackenzie.
- 5 Tips To Stay Healthy And Balanced As A Busy Entrepreneur
- Your Vibe Attracts Your Tribe – 3 ways to raise your vibration TODAY!
- Scar – A Love Story
- Grinta – Hanging Tough
- 2 Quick Crunchy Nibbles
- Fighting Fear ~ Building Confidence with Passion and Action!
- The Busy Epidemic + A quick exercise to break the cycle.
- COCONUTS – Certified “Awesome”
- Take Action On Your Dream Life!
- Tea It Up!
- Lessons from Buddhism’s Super Bowl MVP – H.H Dalai Lama
- Nothing Tastes As Good As A Healthy Gut Feels!
- ROCK YOUR HEALTH
- Custom Trips
- CUSTOM TRIPS Overview
- Exclusive Custom Luxury Retreats
- Fall Bootcamp Booking page
- Fall Training Booking Page
- FAQs for Travel in Mexico
- Girls Getaways
- Move Your Asana
- My Account
- Paradise Body Bootcamp Booking
- Retreat Booking form Test
- SHANTI TILLING
- Surf XFIT Booking Form
- Sweat & Sol – Booking page
- Terms & Conditions
- Thank you!
- SurfXFit Retreat
- FALL Renewal
- Ultra Lux Surf Retreat